Posted by twg
About the Wiki
The Be Hands On wiki is a place where volunteers can come to view, create and share information about volunteerism. Have a great idea? Feel free to add it to the wiki! You can't edit this page, but most of the other pages of the wiki are user-editable.
Help Using the Site
The Be Hands On site has many features that you can use to run volunteer projects. Do you need help using the site?
If you're interested in learning more about volunteerism, we have six main categories of information:
- Hands On Network's Citizen Academy site was designed for people to learn more about community issues. You can explore frequently asked questions, find ways to take action or test your knowledge on an issue.
This section contains tools for organizing volunteer projects:
- Introduction to Volunteer Leadership - a video about how you can become a volunteer leader and inspire others to get involved
- Developing Volunteer Projects - a video about how volunteer service can help meet critical community needs
- Developing Volunteer Projects Toolkit - timelines, checklists, and tips for managing projects
- Project Ideas - large and small ideas for how to make a difference in your community
- Work Together, Serve Together - tools and tips for planning a successful corporate project
- On Campus: Getting Started - more resources and organizing tools for developing student-led service projects
- Recruiting and Leading Volunteers - a video to show you how to involve others
- Volunteer Recruitment - ideas for recruiting volunteers
- On Campus: Recruiting and Publicizing - more resources and tips for recruiting volunteers and publicizing student-led service projects
- Communicating with Volunteers - some advice for how to communicate effectively with volunteers
- Managing Volunteer Personalities - ideas to channel everyone's enthusiasm effectively
- Volunteer Recognition Ideas - 100 ways to honor your volunteers
- On Campus: Appreciating and Celebrating Volunteerism - ideas on how to show appreciation for your volunteers and supporters
- Reflecting on Service - a video on how reflection can help demonstrate how volunteer service can address big problems
- Leading Reflection - questions and encouragement to help you go to the next level of engagement
- On Campus: Service Learning and Reflection - information and ideas for connecting service work to every-day lives.